Sleep Better South Carolina understands the frustration that you may be feeling if a patient is unable to tolerate CPAP and we are here for you. What you can expect from our office:
- We follow AADSM protocol for treating sleep apnea as well as the South Carolina Medical Board.
- We will always send follow up letters so you can follow along with your patient’s treatment.
- We will always require a referral from your patient’s sleep doctor or primary care doctor. (No online or office diagnosing)
- We are participating providers with Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield. We work with and DIRECTLY bill all major medical insurance plans.
- We always use the highest quality appliances. We are not a one size fits all office!
- We are committed to continuing education for sleep apnea, oral appliance therapy and are constantly challenging ourselves to reading the latest studies and attending all sleep CE courses.
- We are not afraid to tell a patient that Oral appliance therapy may not work for them based on our findings with the patient.
- We educate patients on the adjunct treatment options such as bed wedges, nasal cones/strips, sleep masks, diet/weight loss, and proper sleep hygiene.
- We continue to see great results with the use of oral appliances and also recognize that the CPAP is still the gold standard in treating Sleep Apnea.
Dr. Blalock, our owner and our sleep dentist enjoys meeting with physicians and their team to educate on Oral Appliance Therapy and how we can be a resource for you and your patients.
If this is something you feel will benefit your office and would like to schedule a lunch and learn, or breakfast and learn, please email Dina Farag at [email protected]
*Please note, when referring a patient to our office, we need a copy of the patient’s Medical Insurance Card and demographic information, Diagnostic Sleep Study, medical record notes before and after the sleep study and a prescription for the appliance. Also, find us in the Medical University of South Carolina and the Roper St. Francis Physician Partners referral systems. Referral form, which includes the Letter of Medical Necessity and the Prescription for the Appliance, can be found on the next tab. Fax to: 866-462-0121. We look forward to working with you.